Take a look at some of the most frequently asked questions about Canal Walk's Gift Cards. If you aren't able to find exactly what you're looking for here, then send us a message and we'll give you all the information you need.
- As use of the MasterCard Gift Card is considered a financial transaction and the Gift Card is issued by a bank, this is a requirement in terms of the Financial Intelligence Centre Act of 2001 (FICA).
- FICA was enacted to combat money laundering.
- Whilst this is inconvenient to innocent people such as yourselves, this is a legal requirement and can be seen as assisting in the combating of crime.
- This allows Canal Walk and its management to fulfill its requirements in terms of the FICA legislation.
- In the case on an individual we require your full names and a valid South African ID number or passport number.
- In the case of a company we require the company name and company registration number.
These WILL NOT be disclosed to any third party unless required in terms of FICA legislation.
Your details are required for us to comply with FICA and unfortunately should you not be able to provide these we are not able to sell you a Gift Card.
You can read the complete list of terms and conditions by clicking here
To check your Gift Card balance, you can choose from the below options:
1. Log onto www.whatsonmycard.com
2. Call the Tutuka support line on 0861 10 12 10 and select Account Balance (option 1)*
3. SMS your Gift Card number (no spaces) to 34246*
* Standard cellphone rates apply
The process for investigating and cancelling a lost Gift Card can only be done during normal working hours (8:30am Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 5pm, Mon Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Fri). Please email your Gift Card number and contact details to our Gift Card Assistant, Thauria Ford (email@example.com), to investigate and contact you accordingly.
Yes, Gift Cards expire 3 years after purchasing them.
Gift Cards are not re-loadable.
Gift Cards cannot be purchased online, but can be purchased at our Customer Services Desks at Entrance 1 or our Visitor Information Centre at Entrance 10.